Examinophobia or the fear of exams is a common phenomenon among students before or during an important exam. It affects a student socially, emotionally, psychologically, and cognitively. Stress and pressure, low motivation, competition from peers, high expectations, and lack of preparation can be key factors besides the frequency of examinations. As per an anecdote, Winston Churchill only managed to write his name when he was appearing for an entrance exam.
Table of Contents
How to Dispose of Examinophobia (Fear of Exam)?
Try These Tips Before an Exam to Remove the Fear of Exam
- If you can concentrate well in the morning then do most of your studying before lunch, not late at night when you can’t concentrate.
- If you can study at night then study at the later half of the day, but go to bed at a reasonable hour and get enough sleep.
- Try answering questions from past exam papers or you can also try explaining tricky answers to someone else to make sure you have understood it.
- Always ask for help if there are things you don’t understand, and especially if you are feeling, stressed out.
- On the day of the exam, avoid talking to friends who get stressed easily. You know the ones with cue cards outside of the exam hall, frantically trying to remember key dates and equations. They will do nothing for your stress levels.
- Write down everything you feel like you need to do and try and tick one thing off. Just the act of feeling like you are in control of your revision can help.
- Watch a film, a TV show, play cricket or listen to some music that makes you feel good.
- Drink some herbal tea or hot chocolate. It’s a well-known fact that hot drinks are known to soothe the soul (avoid too much caffeine though!).
- A shower or a bath can help relieve stress.
Some Important Tips During an exam to Tackle with Fear of Exam
- Students who panic in an exam should take deep breaths.
- If a question causes them to freeze, then they should move on to an easier question. Come back to the difficult question later.
Some Important Tips After an exam
- Avoid the exam “post-mortem”. You don’t need to know how other people fared in the exam. You’ve done your best, you can’t go back and change your answers so the second you step out of the exam hall, focus on your next exam.
Always remember that scoring low marks or failing an exam is not the end of the world. Each time the going gets tough, I think of this quote I’d read long ago, “Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.”
Why & How CA Final Costing (SCMPE) Classes from Parag Gupta can overcome your Fear of Exam
- Only Parag Gupta sir covers the in-depth case-study-based approach introduced by ICAI in the CA Final Costing Classes (SCMPE CA Final) of the New Course.
- 100% questions of books (CA Final Costing books), RTP, MTP, Past Examination papers are covered in our classes.
- There will be valid for 3 years, with full access to all updates of the course till 3 yrs.
- Parag sir provides QUICK DOUBT RESOLUTION to all student’s queries.
- Video lectures by Parag Gupta sir are the most updated classes for CA Final costing.
- Students get connected to Parag Gupta sir on a video call to resolve the doubts.
- Parag Sir always every concept with real company scenarios and real-life examples to help students understand the topic easily.
- The motto of Parag sir is “There is nothing known as silly doubt, it is just a doubt that is difficult to ask”. This motivates students to stay in personal touch with him and they get 100% doubt resolution.
Why are the Books of Parag Gupta Sir so special?
- Most suitable for upcoming ICAI exams (CA Final examinations.)
- Best Focused towards Comprehensive knowledge.
- Most Recommended Books for CA Final Students.
- In Every Attempt, Rank Holders & Top Scorers typically refer to the books of Parag Gupta sir.
- Covers Best Questions of ICAI Study Material, MTP, RTP, and Past Examination Papers.
- Several New Questions from International Courses such as CPA, CGMA, ACCA, ICAEW, etc.
- Parag Sir’s book is a highly researched book that contains text and sources from books and papers of top authors and industry leaders that help students understand the topic easily.
- Additional Benefit: Students get complimentary access of 30 Hours for the Regular Batch Classes on the StudyByTech Android and iOS App.